Emerging technologies such as the blockchain, artificial intelligence, and machine learning hold promise to increase operational efficiency, reduce risk, and meet the expanding needs of customers. The session will also cover:
- Decentralized Identity: An overview of startups and projects working to create self-sovereign and blockchain-based identity platforms.
- Predictive Banking: An overview of how some startups and banks take advantage of customer data to offer personalized financial products and services by understanding their context by utilizing predictive analytics.
The Fintech & Blockchain Council brings together innovators across financial services - both start-ups and incumbents - that are working to drive new business models and technology-driven capabilities.
As a Silicon Valley software and hardware design engineer, John helps Orange Silicon Valley and its partners to identify new technologies that can be put to work solving problems. In his current role, John explores fintech including blockchains and ecryption technologies. He received B.S. and M.S. degrees int he field of electrical engineering and computer science from MIT.
Subash Mandanapu co-leads the fintech formation that helps Orange and its partners to provide early access to opportunities int eh innovation ecosystem. Previously, Subash worked at Ericsson, Symbian, and Telephia in various technology leadership roles. Subash holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in computer science from the University of Madras. He is certified product management professional, holds several patens in mobile applications and services.
Moses Choi co-leads fintech innovation and venturing at Orange Silicon Valley, having spent the last ten years in financial services. Prior to joining Orange Silicon Valley, Moses was a Vice President in capital markets at Morgan Stanley. He began his career at Citigroup with responsibilities across strategy, new product development, and client coverage in corporate and investment banking. He holds B.A. and B.S. degrees from Cornell University and master's from the Fletcher School at Tufts University.
State of digital identity
VP of Growth,Trulioo
VP of Product, Civic
- Blockchains & distributed ledger technology
- New encryption technology
- Decentralized applications
Sample use cases
- Digital identity
- Wealth management
- Mobile banking
- Prove of provenance
- Automating financial transactions